VUI communication which opens a voice-based channel between the user and the IT device. Voice-based interaction allows hands-free control, the reception of information that does not require eye contact and biometric identification.
The advantages of VUI:
- Safe: reading text messages and giving written response while driving a car without using one’s hands; biometric identification also lends greater safety to handling business through telephone customer services
- Comfortable: switching on lights using voice control
- Fast: wordprocessing and controls at the speed of live speech
- Human and friendly: talking to a device or interface just like to a shop employee.
Accessible: the blind and people with impaired vision are able to use our service better with using a voice interface
When planning a voice user interface, we map out user requirements and implement offline discussions into communication with IT tools.
- Information from client:Utilisation requirements of VUI, list of functions
- Client cooperation:Validation of the VUI
- Deliverables:Dialogue patterns for machine processing, flowcharts